20 Random Facts About Me
One of my unspoken mini resolutions for the year is to be a bit more personal on the blog. So here we go! I hope you’ll enjoy reading these random facts about the person behind the camera. Without further ado…
20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT SARA
1. I have double-joined knees and thumbs. If you ask to see what I can do with my thumbs, be forewarned – I can quickly turn my hands into the scariest things you’ve ever seen. On the plus side, I like to think that my freakish thumb maneuvering give me some sort of strange superpower and play some part in super camera control abilities!
2. Even though I don’t even remember the last time I saw Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast”, I still have the entire prologue laying out the story at the beginning of the movie memorized to this day. I watched that movie SO many times when I was young that it’s still ingrained in my brain decades later! The songs are all memorized as well, but I don’t think that’s very peculiar or uncommon.
3. I cannot sleep a wink if I’m wearing socks or long pajama pants. I totally feel like I’m suffocating.
4. I first met my husband Adam when he was the lead guitarist in my brother’s band. He got in touch with me by messaging me on MySpace after meeting at a show – yes we dated THAT long ago! We have been together over eight years now but been married for five. 🙂 The photo below is two months after we started dating. Yikes!
5. You might not think it at first glance, but my favorite music is of the heavier kind from Northern Europe. You’re more likely to see me at a show with men with long Elven or Viking hair and beards than you are to see me dancing at a club.
6. You also might not realize this about me, but I used to be a total World of Warcraft addict. I got my husband playing and we both eventually had to force ourselves to quit. Nerd status = Achieved!
7. I’m 99.9% sure there has not been a single day in my life (after the age of 12) that I haven’t worn toenail polish. If I don’t have some sort of polish on my toes, I feel totally stripped naked. Don’t ask.
8. I am completely incapable of blowing up a balloon with my mouth. And honestly, watching me attempt to is probably the saddest sight you’ve ever seen.
9. My husband Adam and I are both vegan!
10. I’m also a vegan who can’t eat bananas. They totally make me feel nauseous and turn my stomach in knots!
11. Adam and I are two of the world’s biggest animals lovers and there is a strong fear from people who know us well that we will be the crazy couple who adopts every stray or animal that comes along. Quite frankly, animals are just so wonderful and they make us very happy. Until you know the sweet, unconditional love that an animal can provide, you really can’t understand! There is a saying, “My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.” – and this definitely holds true for me. Having animals in our lives makes our lives better, happier, and more fulfilled!
12. I am a lover of Broadway and the opera! My dream for many, many years was to be a Broadway singer, especially to play the character of Eponine in Les Miserables! I love her!
13. I am a HUGE thriller/horror movie lover (always my movie genres of choice and the first and only sections I will look in if it’s up to me), but for some sad reason I have always been terribly frightened of E.T. (what?) and I still can’t watch that movie to this day! …And I can’t believe I just put that on the internet.
14. Several years ago, I was sitting with my family about to get on a plane when we noticed Shaquille O’Neal riding the very same flight as us! I sat and talked with him and his friend for a while and he called my cell phone (restricted) as we were exiting the plane! Crazy!
15. The absolute greatest aroma in the kitchen to me is the scent of sautéing onions, carrots, and celery. I could live off of vegetables alone and for my entire life, I would eat soup or salad for breakfast over pancakes or French toast. I was never a fan of breakfast foods!
16. I sing most of the day because I constantly have songs stuck in my head. If I hear two notes in a row and it stirs up a particular melody of a song, I am doomed for the rest of the day (and so is anyone within an earshot of me). I also make up many-a-song about what I’m currently doing and the dogs all have their own personal songs as well. (Sorry Adam!)
17. Even though I’m in love with all kinds of rings, I hardly ever wear them (other than my wedding ring, of course). I just find them to be uncomfortable and I end up fiddling with them all day!
18. If I had to choose only one candy for the rest of my life, it would easily be Hot Tamales. I am obsessed with Hot Tamales and their chewy, cinnamon-y goodness.
19. When I was a teenager, I was briefly a mannequin model! I stood at the front of a Speedo store in the mall in the front window in a bathing suit and pretended I was a mannequin. As hilariously entertaining as it was, I couldn’t do it for long because it was too awkward watching people standing there staring at you pretending to not be alive.
20. A lot of people ask but my ethnicity is Korean and Italian. My mom is from Korea and my dad’s family is from Italy – and one of the biggest disappointments I have with myself is that I can’t speak either language. I really hope I get myself in check and learn one day!
So, now you know a little more random (albeit, slightly embarrassing) facts about me! I hope to get to know all of you on a more personal level this year! 🙂
(Photos with me holding my camera were taken by Natalie Jayne Photography. The others are just random snapshots.)
Sara and Adam are are a husband and wife photography and cinematography team based out of Fredericksburg, VA. Our primary work consists of weddings, engagements, portraits, studio photography, and pets. We are available for travel within Northern Virginia, DC, Charlottesville, and Richmond and would love to speak with you. Please shoot us a message in the form to the right and we will be in touch shortly!