DelFosse Winery: Preferred Vendor Spotlight | A Picturesque European Styled Virginia Vineyard Wedding Venue
Today’s Preferred Vendor Spotlight blog post features a gorgeous Virginia vineyard wedding venue, DelFosse Winery in Faber, VA! DelFosse Vineyards and Winery is off the beaten path and is so tranquil and picturesque with its European-styled terraced terrain. Before we jump into the blog post with DelFosse’s lovely owner Adrienne, I wanted to share some quick highlights of the venue:
- Nestled in a quiet valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, DelFosse has both mountain views and sweeping vineyard views.
- Whether you want your ceremony atop a hill overlooking the incredible views, want a more intimate and quaint ceremony on the spacious porch of their restored log cabin, or indoors in their glass-enclosed tasting room, you have multiple ceremony location options.
- They have fabulous in-house catering.
- They have a waterfall on a 20-foot stone wall under their outdoor reception tent space.
- If you would like some of your close family or guests to stay at DelFosse for your special event, DelFosse has a beautiful farmhouse available for rental on the property. The Farmhouse features four suites and each suite has its own private bath, queen bed, and satellite TV!
- Located 30 minutes south of Charlottesville and 40 minutes north of Lynchburg right off of Route 29, DelFosse is one of Virginia’s only terrace style vineyards.
DelFosse Vineyards and Winery in Faber, Virginia
When did your venue open?
Delfosse Vineyards and Winery opened in 2004.
How many guests can DelFosse Vineyards and Winery comfortably accommodate?
Comfortable, 250 seated and we have had up to 350 with cocktail-style receptions that offer ample seating but not seating for everyone all at once.
I know first hand that wedding venues in the Charlottesville area tend to book up really fast. With this in mind, how far in advance would you recommend brides book DelFosse for their wedding day?
For September and October dates, one year in advance. For May, June and August, 9 months in advance. For April and November, at least 6 months in advance.
What feature/element of your venue are brides most often excited about?
The fact that our property offers BOTH mountain AND vineyard views, the historic Log Cabin as their bridal suite and the fact that we only have 20 custom weddings a year so we can give them maximum attention. Our couples love our in-house catering options! The food is delicious and it makes it so much easier to have the catering in-house.
Most brides worry about what happens if they have rain on their wedding day — what is your ceremony setup like on a rainy day?
We have several back-up plans in the event of rain – – all beautiful. The inside of the Tasting Room with it’s all glass walls is lovely. Some couples choose to have an additional tent at the top of the hill. We have a gorgeous waterfall inside our tented plaza and some couples have chosen to be married in front of the waterfall.
What makes DelFosse unique?
We love weddings! But instead of booking as many as we can, we actually go the opposite direction! We limit the number of weddings we accept each year so that we can enjoy and look forward to them too! This approach also gives us the ability to really focus on each wedding and give it the time and attention it needs to have. We want our brides and grooms to feel like this is “their vineyard” and that it is always home to them! Our brides and grooms come back often to visit us and we love that!
When brides book their wedding day at DelFosse, what comes with their package?
The venue fee includes:
- Exclusive use of the property, which will be closed to the public during your event
- Use of our exquisite, historic 1870 Chestnut Log Cabin during the day of your event as your dressing room and bridal suite.
- The 100 by 44 foot Sperry sail tent
- Distressed pine flooring underneath throughout
- Perimeter lighting for the tent.
- Up to 25 SIX foot Round banquet tables seat 10 to 12
- Chiavari chairs with cushion (Reception)
- Ceremony chairs and set up
- Up to 3-8 x 2 ½ ’ Rectangle Tables For A Head Table, 3- 8 x 2 ½ ’ Rectangle Tables For Bar Under Tent, 2- 8 x 2 ½ ’ Rectangle For Buffet Tables, If Buffet Service Is Selected, 6 -3 x 3’ Square Tables, 1- 8 x 2 ½ Rectangle Table for DJ, 3- 30” Round Pedestal Tables for cake, cocktail reception or sweetheart table, 2 – 6 by 2 1/2′ tables for gift tables, photo/remembrance table
- Up to 6 – 60 x126 rectangular black tablecloths for your bar and buffet service tables.
- Napkin folding, table setting and cake cutting
- Set up, Clean up and trash removal services are included in your venue fee
What is your best piece of planning advice to a new bride?
Happiness is a decision. Decide that your wedding day will be a happy one, no matter what. Something large or small usually goes wrong at every event, but decide in advance that your day is perfect, period! And see everything that happens through that filter.
What is your favorite thing about managing a wedding venue?
We love it that our couples always come “home” to visit us at least once a year and sometimes more often. We love having that ongoing relationship and friendship with them.
Venue: DelFosse Vineyards and Winery | Venue Host: Adrienne Albers | Event Planner/Stylist/Director: Adrienne Eichner | Florals/Table Settings/Styling: Good Earth Flowers | Models: Jason Elliott, Katt Marie, Jennifer Hendrickson | Bridal Gowns: Sealed With A Kiss Charlottesville | Cake: SprinkleSpark, LLC | Makeup: Yisell Santos-Bustamante | Hair: Passionate Prince Designs | Jewelry: Andrew Minton Jewelers | Chaise Lounge: Adrienne Eichner | Invitations/Menu/Placecards: Calligraphy by Kalika
To learn more about DelFosse Vineyards and Winery, you can visit their website and see their reviews on WeddingWire! You can also see more images from the above styled session at DelFosse Vineyards and Winery!
Sara and Adam are a husband and wife photography and cinematography team based out of Fredericksburg, VA. Our primary work consists of weddings, engagements, portraits, studio photography, and pets. We are available for travel within Northern Virginia, DC, Charlottesville, and Richmond and would love to speak with you. Please shoot us a quick message in the form to the right and we will be in touch shortly!